About the Programme
This programme, endorsed by Kidscape and 4Children, is written to provide a basic awareness of child protection and introduces the fundamentals for anyone whose paid or unpaid work or leisure activity brings them into contact with children and young people.
It is important for anyone that works with children and young people in any capacity to be aware of their typical developmental stages and progressions of development.
This programme comprehensively covers:
- what forms child abuse can take and the effects it can have
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system
- good practice guidelines.
Download the Programme Information Sheet here